RESPONSE ABILITY: Making It Real
This is an opportunity for audience members to be with Mike and expand on what they heard in his keynote presentation. No agenda. No PowerPoint. Mike may even take off his jacket. This is a chance for them to ask questions, dig deeper into this thing called “courage,” and even share their story in a safe environment. Mike will also provide a few of the techniques for intervening to add to the take-aways they received for making the difference they want to make.
This breakout session is best placed after the keynote presentation and it is recommended for a select group from the larger keynote. The perfect size is between 40 and 50 — anything less or greater than this will impact the intimacy and safe space needed for this conversation.
PersonalPower: Workshop for College Students
As a partnership with CAMPUSPEAK, the leading agency for speakers and workshops for higher education, RESPONSE ABILITY offers this 5-hour workshop to explore personal and organizational values, what bystander behavior is, what barriers keep us from intervening, intervention styles and skills and concludes with an action plan and commitment to lead with integrity and demonstrate courageous leadership. This workshop is targeted to impact behaviors like hazing, drug/alcohol abuse, sexual abuse/assault, bullying and discrimination on college campuses.
By taking part in this workshop, students will:
- Identify personal and organizational values and recognize actions congruent or incongruent with them
- Understand the barriers that keep bystanders from intervening when problematic behavior arises
- Demonstrate proactive strategies for intervention
- Commit to being a person of action – living out values and confronting unhealthy behaviors
- Develop supportive relationships with fellow participants
- 5-hour interactive workshop
- 1 to 2 CAMPUSPEAK facilitators (depending on the size of the group)
- Great as part of an existing training and/or retreat
Who is this ideal for?
- Fraternity and Sorority Organizations
- First-Year Experience
- Residence Hall Associations
- Orientation Leaders
- Student Organizations
Want more details? CLICK HERE.
If you are interested in a training session or workshop, please fill out the form below.