Our society is hungry for a real conversation about what stops us — all of us — from intervening in critical moments of time to support, take care of, and protect someone in need. In other words: show courageous leadership.
Mike Dilbeck is the one to bring out this conversation and to raise it to a new level.
He’s not a therapist. He’s not a psychologist. He’s not an academician. He’s a filmmaker-turned-advocate who works with people to prevent, end, or at least diminish problem situations. He is just a real human being leading a real conversation designed to inspire us, empower us, and move us to action.
Whether you want to impact bullying — in schools and in the workplace — or protect someone from sexual harassment or violence, or you want to stand up against inappropriate language and hate speech, or intervene in someone’s abuse of drugs or alcohol, or just prepare yourself and others to be able to make the difference you want to make in any everyday issue, this is the perfect conversation!”
There are several programs on courage, courageous leadership and bystander intervention available to create this conversation with your college/university community, organization, association, or company. While this is a topic suitable for any age group and all roles in life, Mike will work with you to customize this message based on the demographics of your audience.
Top 10 Reasons to Book Mike:
- Strong focus on courage, ethics, responsible decision-making, and making a difference.
- Is the only professional speaker on the topics of courage and bystander intervention together.
- Will reveal a need your audience members don’t even know they have.
- Will meet this need by providing the audience with the six core commitments for courage and three approaches for showing courage.
- As an opening keynote, gets the audience thinking right out of the gate and creates a powerful frame of mind for the rest of your conference.
- As a closing keynote, reinforces your themes and empowers your audience to go back to their communities and take actions to make a difference.
- Actively involves your audience through live polling and short answers.
- Presents a universal message — customized to your specific group.
- Combines real, compelling stories with practical knowledge and opportunities for action.
- Totally committed to making the meeting planner (that’s you!) the hero of your event!